The premium service from The Independent Horror Society that helps genre filmmakers of all levels take their projects to new heights
IHS Pro is designed to be the ultimate creative solution to not only help you find filmmakers, writers and other creatives to work and collaborate with…
…but to also help you demystify and simplify some of the more complex and time-consuming areas of the industry too, with a range of perks and tools.
Read on to see what’s waiting for you inside, and to see how you can unlock everything for as little as 76p a week!
What Do I Get As An IHS Pro Member?
First and foremost, you get access to our special IHS Pro members-only website, which will be where you find all of the your main perks of membership:
Access To The Private IHS Pro Discord Server
As soon as you join IHS Pro, you’ll be able to access our private Discord area, which is the ‘beating heart’ of our service.
Once you’re inside, you’ll be able to meet and talk to your fellow Pros in real time, share news about what you’re working on, and find other people to collaborate with too.
So, if you’re looking for assistance in bringing your film idea or script to life – or if you’re looking to find a project to get involved with, then this is the place to make it happen.
Search The IHS Directory
The IHS Directory is our brand new resource for directors, producers, writers and any other industry professionals who are seeking talented individuals across the entire creative spectrum to help bring their terrifying visions to life.
We firmly believe in the power of collaboration and recognise that the horror genre thrives when diverse voices and talents come together. By uniting everyone with a shared love for horror, we can foster an environment where new connections are formed, skills are shared, and exciting opportunities arise.
Inside the IHS Directory you’ll find the names, contact details and portfolio of a growing number of cast, crew and other creatives all open to collaborate and help you with your projects. It’s 100% free for anyone to list themselves inside it, but only members of IHS Pro get to actively search through the listings.
The Pro Writers’ Room
Our Pro Writers’ Room is here to help the writers in our ranks get feedback on their work from their fellow members and the IHS Pro team.
Members can share their work within our secure channels, using an easy to use process that keeps their work as protected as possible.
Then, each month we’ll be hosting a private live video chat where our close-knit group can constructively critique what has been submitted, whilst also being able to brainstorm new ideas.
IHS Pro Partners
This is where you can link up with our preferred list of industry partners, saving you time, effort and money when shopping around for the best cover, kit package, or whatever else you might need to develop your project — we’ve already done the hard work for you!
What’s more, we’ve arranged some exclusive special offers and packages too: including being able to get up to £175 off access to the highly prestigious Stan Winston School Of Character Arts, and use the legendary casting platform Backstage to hunt for key talent for free!
Plus Even More Exclusive Perks!
In addition to everything above, you’ll also gain instant access to our other benefits of membership, including:
- Priority & Discounted Access To IHS Events: Not only will you get an invitation to our top-secret IHS Pro-member-only socials, you’ll also get priority tickets (along with some heavy discounts) to all of our IHS events. This ensures you don’t miss out on any of our mixers, parties or screenings, ALL of which regularly sell out quickly! What’s more, the discounts on offer more than make up for the monthly membership fee!
- Amplify Your Reach: Promote your horror project, crowdfunding campaign, or seek assistance by securing a free advertising slot within our member newsletters. With over 1,200 horror fans and professionals in our community, your message will reach the right audience.
- Access to The Pro Location Tool: containing a hand-picked selection of residential and studio locations from all over the country, that are all listed on property rental websites, and pre-qualified for use by film crews. Each has its key features highlighted (and easily searchable), making it easy for filmmakers to find exactly what they’re looking for. And the best part? They are all listed at regular holiday rental prices — so no hugely-inflated agency day rates to contend with. Just fantastic locations at a fair fee.
- Access to the full back catalogue of Master Q&A’s: Our online interviews with top industry experts from a wide range of specialities, including Greg Day, Film PR specialist, James Norrie, Executive Producer and Partner at AMP International, Simon Hassard, Location Scout & Manager, and NINE more!
- Our online video course: How To Write A Screenplay. This detailed 3-part recorded tutorial explores a proven method for developing concepts into production-ready scripts, and is written, developed and presented by Paul Harker, a lecturer in Screenwriting at the University of Leeds and a screenwriting mentor at the Oakwood Film Academy
- A Weekly Industry News Digest: It can be tricky keeping up with everything that’s happening in the industry. That’s why every Saturday morning, we’ll send you a shortlist of the most important news stories that have occurred over the past week, in a quick, easy-to-digest email.
What Our Members Have Said About Us…
“We have worked with IHS on our horror film festival for the last few years and they are fantastic! The passion, knowledge and enthusiasm they have for the horror genre is second to none”
– J.W. Festival Director
“The IHS has been amazing at helping to promote our work online – from shorts to features, and even our crowdfunding campaigns. It helps bring our work to a new audience and has enabled us to form ongoing relationships with other filmmakers, both in the UK and beyond.
Their reviews are fair and balanced, and the events they run are a great opportunity for like-minded horror fans and creators to engage in the community. I’ve always felt very welcomed and enthused by their concentration on the genre.”
R.R. Film Producer & Director
“Uncanny Collective have been working with The Independent Horror Society for some time now, having our live events, online shows and podcast promoted through their website, newsletter and social media. Every communication and interaction with their entire team is an absolute joy!
Our content is always welcomed with open arms and distributed to their members in a speedy and effective manner. With their help and promotion, our audiences we perform to, our social media following and general horror network are continuing to grow and we’re so thankful for their contribution to that. The whole IHS are definitely considered part of our Horror Family.”
“The Independent Horror Society is a terrific, awesome place filled with love for all the things indie horror. Our little dark gem KEEP MUM found love and support here while we discovered many terrific, visionary and thrilling voices too! You must join! The Independent Horror Society is the Best!”
L.D.P. Film Director
How Much Does Access To IHS Pro Cost?
We want to make IHS Pro as accessible to as many people as possible, so we’ve created 3 membership options for you, starting at as little as 76p a week.
To join us at IHS Pro, simply select your membership term below and follow the simple instructions.
We are so proud of what we’ve accomplished here at The Independent Horror Society already, and are so excited to be entering the next stage of our journey with IHS Pro. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you inside!
- 1 month
- £4.99 / month 1
- Join IHS Pro
- 2 years
- £79 / two years 2
- Join IHS Pro
- 1 year
- £49 / year 3
- Join IHS Pro
1. If you select the 1-month option, your card will be charged £4.99 for your first month of service. At the end of your first month, your subscription will automatically renew at £4.99 every month unless cancelled.
2. If you select the 2-year option, your card will be charged £79 for your first two years of service. At the end of your second year, your subscription will automatically renew at £79 every two years unless cancelled.
3. If you select the 1-year option, your card will be charged £49 for your first year of service. At the end of your first year, your subscription will automatically renew at £49 annually unless cancelled.
You may cancel your membership at any time. Please note that your initial subscription fee is non-refundable on all terms.